The London 2012 Olympic Games Sailing Competition will
take place at the Weymouth and Portland Sailing Academy
and Portland Marina, located in Dorset on the South Coast
of England and will feature 380 athletes competing across
10 events. Racing is scheduled to take place from 29 July
to 11 August.
The Notice of Race for the London 2012 Olympic Sailing Competition has now been released, stating the key conditions for the 10 sailing events and
includes details on the rules, regulations, entry and qualification guidelines, format, scoring, schedule, venue and courses.
With the emphasis on broadcasting the sailing competition, among the items listed in the Notice of Race is titled 'Media rights, cameras and
electronic equipment'. The requirements in this section state:
1. The Athlete Media Guide will set out athlete media obligations for the event.
2. By participating in the event, athletes automatically grant to the Organising Authority and its sponsors the right in perpetuity to make, use
and show, from time to time at their discretion, any motion pictures and live, taped or filmed television, audio and other reproductions of the athlete during the period of the competition without compensation.
3. Boats may be required to carry cameras, sound equipment or positioning equipment, as supplied by the Organising Authority.
4. Athletes shall pass through the mixed zone (ie, media interview area) on return to shore after racing.
5. All medallists shall be required to attend a media conference after the medal race. Top-ranked athletes in preliminary stages may also be required to attend a media conference at the end of the day's racing.
6. Athletes may also be asked to be available for interviews outside theformal mixed zone and media conferences, on either training or competition days.
Athlete Obligations for the 2012 Olmypic Sailing Competition
Download the 2012 Olympic Sailing Competition: Notice of Race