Windsurfing has launched its campaign to retain two sets of medals
- men and women - in the Olympic sailing events ISAF will select to
take part in the 2016 Olympic Sailing Regatta in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The 'Vote Windsurfing for 2016' page was put up on Facebook less
than 72 hours ago and has already attracted 559 'Likes'.
This is a fantastic start. Thank you for your support :)
If you have already clicked the 'like' button
we have a small favor to ask
Here are the top ten reasons why windsurfing should retain 2 sets of medals in the Olympic Games
- Windsurfing is the biggest sailing discipline on the planet
- Windsurfing attracts spectators and the media
- Windsurfing offers the least expensive route into the Olympic Regatta for small and emerging sailing nations
- Windsurfing is safe and easy to learn and offers little risk to other water users
- Windsurfing is a beach lifestyle sport, which appeals to the Facebook generation not the Flinstones generation.
- Windsurfing has a broadcast TV audience in more than 150 countries, and an internet audience in 169 countries
- Windsurfing offers an evolution not a revolution using the most tightly controlled one design equipment.
- Windsurfing has a well established development pathway that is growing strongly
- Windsurf racing takes place in the same wind speeds as other Olympic Sailing Events
- In the last 7 Olympiads, medals were won by windsurfing athletes from 5 continents
If you haven't already done so, please go to http://www.facebook.com/votewindsurfing and 'LIKE' the page to demonstrate your support
Thank you in advance