RS:X Reach-4-The-Top MNA Support Programme
This service is specifically designed to assist ISAF Member National Authorities to create an effective result-orientated windsurfing development programme in their country.
An adrenalin-rush never to be forgotten
The 'buzz' of planing across the water at up to 30 knots driven only by the power of the wind is super attractive to young people. It is an adrenalin-rush that once experienced is never forgotten. Windsurfing is a dynamic sport that teaches people to be think on their feet, be independent and self-reliant. Life skills that will never be forgotten.
An added dimension to your existing programmes
For those coming out of junior sailing programmes, windsurfing adds a different dimension. It provides an essential way of keeping kids in the sport of sailing whilst allowing them to express their own independence.
Work with an experienced coach/consultant
To assist you to harness this essential sailing development tool, we provide an experienced coach/consultant to work with key people within your MNA structure so that, together, your long term vision can be reached through the creation of your own national windsurfing development programme.
Design a complete Junior, Youth and Olympic structure
It should be emphasised, at this point, that our efforts will be focused on helping you develop a complete windsurfing development structure including junior, youth and Olympic programmes based on the ISAF Official windsurfing devleopment pathway.
Follow the official ISAF Windsurfing Equipment Pathway
- Start young racers in their early 'teens on the Bic Techno 293
- selected equipment for the 2010 Youth Olympic Regatta in Singapore
- Then introduce them to the Neil Pryde RS:X youth rig (8.5m sail and 60 cms fin)
- selected for use at the annual ISAF Youth World Sailing Championship
- Finally move them up to the Neil Pryde RS:X Olympic One Design -(9.5/8.5m rigs and 66/60cm fins)
- selected for use at the 2008/2012 Olympic Regattas and used at ISAF Sailing World Cup regattas
Develop the appropriate architecture
It is essential that the you install an effective system. We will assist you to form a national windsurf structure including the appropriate architecture, national training and national racing programmes. Once you have these firmly in place, success will be easier to achieve on the race course.
Windsurfing ensures any nation can win
In the past medals have been won at the Olympic Regatta by comparatively small nations with relatively few resources. Here are some examples
|Gal Fridman (ISR)||Gold in 2004/Bronze in 1996|
|Christof Sieber (AUT)
||Gold in 2000|
|Carlos Espinola (ARG)
||Silver in 1996 and 2000|
|Lee Lai Shan (HKG)||Gold in 1996|
On-going Technical support nationally and internationally
We will provide on-going support both nationally and internationally by leading clinics on such subjects as tactics, racing rules, weather, rescue boat driving and much much more.
- The RS:X Reach-4-the-Top Racing Coach Programme can assist in the education of properly trained coaches
- The RS:X Reach-4-the-Top Regatta Support Programme can integrate your best prospects in an international squad to provide one-on-one training just before a major class championship or ISAF Sailing World Cup Regatta
- The RS:X Reach-4-the-Top Training Partner Programme can even provide a training partner
For further information and discuss your ideas, please contact
|Rory Ramsden||Chief Operating Officer, International RS:X Class Association ltd|
|Phone:||+33 5 57 64 61 28|
|Mobile:||+33 6 37 50 09 88|